15 benefits of gas fireplaces
Do you want to be snug as a bug in a rug this winter? Forego the messy and cumbersome task of building a fire, and invest in a clean, safe, and environmentally friendly gas fireplace. With a gas fireplace you’ll never again have to worry about wood splinters buried in the carpet or poking and prodding to keep the flame going!
If you’re interested in a gas fireplace installation in Montgomery County, MD or the DC area, call the experts at James A. Wheat & Sons today at 240-399-5051240-399-5051!
The 15 Benefits of Installing a Gas Fireplace
Gas fireplaces have numerous advances over their traditional counterparts:
- Constant, even heating – With a gas fireplace, you will never have to stoke your fire or worry about it going out when you still need it. One flip of a switch provides even heat for as long as you want.
- No more hauling firewood – Since gas fireplaces don’t burn with wood, you will never have to chop wood or haul it through your home again.
- No sparks – The owners of traditional fireplaces understand the woes of having sparks or cinders come out of the fireplace and singe a little hole in the rug or nearby furniture. But with a gas fireplace, you’ll never have to worry about this again. There are no sparks and no ash to clean up later.
- Easy to operate – Impress 3-year-old nieces and nephews alike by “magically” creating a fire at the snap of your fingers… or just the flip of a switch. Gas fireplaces turn on and off instantly with absolutely no work required.
- Remote control operation – Wanna make that magic trick even more impressive? Many gas fireplaces can be switched on and off via remote control, making them easier (and more exciting!) for everyone in the family to operate.
- Safe – With no fumes or particles released into your home, gas fireplaces are much safer for both your family and the environment.
- Stylish – Another great benefit of gas fireplaces is that they can be custom designed any way you want so they can fit in perfectly with the rest of your home’s décor.
- No chimney required – Since gas fireplaces come with their own ventilation system, you won’t have to worry about installing a separate chimney when you install your gas fireplace.
- More heat – Gas fireplaces include a built-in blower that circulates warm air through your house instead of just in the immediate area surrounding your fireplace.
- No bans on use – Due to environmental concerns, many states have banned the use of wood burning fireplaces. Gas fireplaces burn on clean natural gas that does not harm the environment.
- Easy to install – One major benefit of gas fireplaces is how easy they are to install compared to a traditional fireplace.
- No storage required – Natural gas is metered out to the homeowner by the gas company, meaning you’ll never have to store a supply of natural gas on your property.
- Safe for children and pets – Since gas fireplaces produce no stray sparks or flames and are usually behind a glass window, they present little risk to children and pets.
- No creosote – When traditional fireplaces burn, they produce a buildup called creosote, which is dirty and potentially flammable, but you don’t have to worry about that with a gas fireplace.
- Save energy – Installing a gas fireplace in your home can save you as much as 25 percent or more on your monthly energy bills.
Install Your Gas Fireplace today
It’s easy to see why so many families in the Maryland and Washington, DC area have switched to gas fireplaces as a comfortable and efficient supplement to their central heating systems. When you are ready to do the same, contact James A. Wheat & Sons and schedule your gas fireplace installation!