Schedule your spring ac inspection
Despite what our St. Patrick’s Day snowstorm may have you thinking, spring really is right around the corner! The first day of spring this year is March 20th, and we should start seeing some warmer temperatures coming up soon, and I think we can all agree, we’re more than ready for some warm sunny days. But as the temperatures rise, you’re going to need to make sure your home is ready for the spring weather—especially your air conditioner! That’s where James A. Wheat & Sons comes in. We can help you with all your spring HVAC maintenance to ensure your home is in tip-top shape for the coming seasons!
Schedule your spring AC inspection in Gaithersburg and the surrounding MD areas today by calling 240-399-5051240-399-5051 or filing out the form to the right!
Spring Air Conditioning Maintenance
As we’ve mentioned countless times in our blog, your HVAC systems need to be inspected once a year—once before the cooling season for the AC and once before the heating season for your furnace. Routine maintenance goes a long way toward avoiding costly repairs and premature replacements down the road and can help you enjoy more efficient and consistent performance throughout the year.
So what are some of the things that will happen during your air conditioning maintenance?
- Check thermostat settings – this will help ensure your AC and thermostat are communicating correctly and that your system will be as efficient as possible.
- Tighten all electrical connections – faulty electrical connections are a big concern because they can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components. Our technicians will tighten all the electrical connections and measure the voltage and currents of motors.
- Lubricate all moving parts – the last thing you want to do is spend more money cooling your home this summer—and any poorly lubricated parts will cause more friction, meaning they will require more energy to use. Friction also generates heat, which over time can cause major damage to your system.
- Check the condensate drain – a plugged up condensate drain can be a major concern because it can lead to water damage in your house and affect your humidity levels—which can in turn negatively impact your indoor air quality.
- Check controls of the system – we’ll make sure that the system starts, stops, and operates properly and safely.
- Clean dirty coils – dirty evaporator and condenser coils reduce your air conditioner’s ability to cool your home and can cause your system to run longer and work harder to do the same job—that means increasing your energy costs and decreasing the life of your equipment!
- Check refrigerant levels – if you have too much or too little refrigerant in your air conditioner, it won’t operate effectively. Since your air conditioner is charged with refrigerant when installed, incorrect levels indicate either that the system was improperly installed or you have a leak.
- Clean blower components – airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent (according to the Department of Energy), so it’s important to ensure proper airflow by cleaning and adjusting the blower components.
- Change air filters – although this is something you should be doing every 1 – 3 months anyway (at least once a month during the peak of the summer), your tech will swap out a dirty filter to improve efficiency and performance.
Schedule Your Air Conditioning Maintenance today
Make sure your air conditioner is going to provide reliable cooling all summer long by calling James A. Wheat & Sons today to schedule your annual maintenance. Since 1978, we have served families throughout Montgomery County, MD and NW Washington, DC.
Let us put our years of experience to work for you—contact us online or by phone at 240-399-5051240-399-5051 to schedule your AC inspection!