We Are Now Carrier Energy Experts!
At James A. Wheat & Sons, we’ve been Carrier Factory Authorized Dealers for a long time. Well, now it’s getting even better—we were recently named Carrier Energy Experts!
What does this mean?
As Carrier Energy Experts, we can offer significantly more than other energy audit companies…in our extensive training, specialized experience, sophisticated technology, and our network of relationships that help you get the job done.
In the “Home Performance” category (how comfortable and energy efficient your home is), there are three primary tenets we work to uphold—each as important as the others. The three fundamentals of Home Performance include:
- Your HVAC system – your HVAC system could be your furnace and air conditioner, your heat pump, or any other heating and cooling systems you have in your home. Drawing on Carrier’s 100+ year history and our own technicians’ extensive training and expertise in the industry, we can provide you with some of the best service in the industry. Your home’s HVAC systems account for as much as 54 percent of your energy use, so leave it to the local experts–James A. Wheat & Sons!
- Air filtration / distribution – most homes lose about 20 percent of the air flowing through the ducts to leaks, holes, and poor connections. Needless to say, this can significantly impact your comfort level—and energy bills! As Carrier Energy Experts, we use highly specialized, state-of-the-art technology to determine if your ductwork is functioning properly. If we find any areas of concern, we will work with you to make the necessary corrections.
- Your home’s envelope – the “envelope” of your home includes the roof, outer walls, ceilings, floors, windows, and doors and plays a critical role in keeping you comfortable. If there are any air leaks, we’ll find them, using advanced testing equipment during the Carrier 360 energy audit. If we discover any issues, we’ll work with you to set them right.
The Carrier 360 Whole-Home Energy Audit
The Carrier 360 is a six-step process that includes a full range of services to determine and resolve issues related to your home’s comfort level and energy use. The first three steps last about three to four hours and identify areas of concern. The last three involve fixing them.
- Step One: Inspection – during the inspection phase, we’ll go through a comprehensive check-list with you, review your past energy bills and ask you a series of questions to identify any significant areas of concern. Next, we’ll take a look at your heating and cooling equipment, water heater, ductwork, insulation, and smoke and CO detectors. We’ll also check combustible appliance zones to monitor CO levels around your furnace and water heater, and check for gas leaks.
- Step Two: Testing – we’ll do a series of tests using highly advanced technology including a thermal imaging camera, blower door system, static pressure gauge, duct blaster ,and flow hood.
- Step Three: Analysis – using the data we collect from the inspection and testing phases, we’ll prioritize ways you can save on your energy costs. We’ll diagnose problems and pinpoint solutions, show you things you can change to make a difference, even do a cost benefit analysis for energy control measures. Basically, we’ll help you figure out how much it will cost to fix up your home—and how much money you’ll save doing so!
- Step Four: Recommendations – we’ll put together a simple plan to help manage all the energy systems in your home—from heating and cooling to ductwork to your home’s envelope. We’ll present you with a list of priority items so you can do what fits your budget and your time to make your home more comfortable and keep your energy bills down.
- Step Five: Resolution – once we’ve made all of our recommendations, we’ll go ahead and correct any items you decide you want corrected! You can think of us as your one-stop shop for all things energy related. Our extensive training and expertise allows us to take care of all three fundamentals in your whole home performance—heating and cooling, air filtration/distribution, and the home’s envelope. We’ll work WITH you and get it done FOR you.
- Step Six: Results – it all comes down to this. No break-the-bank surprises, no long-term commitments, no pressure—just greater comfort and lower energy costs for years to come.
At James A. Wheat & Sons, we want you to be as comfortable as possible in your home. If you want a home energy audit performed by a Carrier Energy Expert, call us today!