Boiler Repair in Maryland and Washington, DC
Is your boiler currently making strange noises? Have you noticed that it’s cracked or leaking? Don’t wait for the issue to grow worse—you don’t want what should be a simple boiler repair to become a need for a boiler replacement. Let us help! You can count on the experts at James A. Wheat & Sons to come evaluate the problem with your boiler and tell you exactly what repair service you need.
If you’re in need of boiler repair in the Maryland or Washington, DC area, call James A. Wheat & Sons today at 240-399-5051!
Common boiler problems that need repair
The great thing about boilers is that they are reliable machines, built to last for many years. Yet, that doesn’t mean you won’t face an issues or two during the lifetime of your boiler. If your boiler is experiencing any of the problems below, it’s best to call for repairs as soon as possible.
- The boiler isn’t firing up: If it won’t fire up, it won’t work. It’s as simple as that. Unfortunately, the source of the problem most likely isn’t that simple, as this issue can be caused by many different things. The boiler’s motorized valves could be broken, the air locks could be broken, the thermostat could be set incorrectly (or not working properly), or the boiler could have a broken pump.
- The boiler is making loud noises: Although people often think that boilers are just noisy machines that constantly make clanging noises, you should know (as a boiler owner) that this just isn’t true. Loud banging or rattling could mean that there is a buildup of hard water deposits in your boiler; if the water in the boiler is trying to move through smaller passages, it will cause loud noises. However, if the boilers moving parts need to be lubricated, this will cause a grinding noise.
- The boiler’s pilot light keeps going out: Your boiler’s pilot light should not continuously go out. If this is happening in your home, your boiler could be suffering from a broken thermocouple or air seal.
- The boiler is leaking: Does your boiler look like it’s sitting in a small pool of water? There may be a leak from the pump, the expansion tank, or the boiler tank.
Prevent future repairs with proper boiler maintenance
The unfortunate truth is that boiler repairs are sometimes unavoidable. However, keeping up with proper boiler maintenance is a good way to ensure that you minimize the number of repairs your boiler needs. You should regularly check on your boiler throughout the year and do your best to keep it clean. Most importantly, you should schedule regular comprehensive maintenance checks with James A. Wheat & Sons during the winter and summer.
Trust James A. Wheat & Sons to tackle your boiler repair needs
For all of your furnace repair and maintenance needs, you can rely on the experts at James A. Wheat & Sons. We’re a family owned and operated business, and we’ve attached our own name to the company. So, when you call us for a job, we’re putting our own name on that service. To ensure we provide only the best to you and your family we:
- Are fully licensed and insured
- Install and repair equipment to manufacturer specifications and fulfill all regulation and code requirements, as applicable
- Drug test all of our technicians and staff
- Are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, which means Carrier has recognized us as one of the best, and they provide us better training and support to keep it that way
- Are NATE certified (North American Technician Excellence)
- Treat you like a member of the family, because we’re committed to customer service
For your boiler repair needs in Maryland and Washington, DC, call James A. Wheat & Sons at 240-399-5051, or fill out the form near the top of the page. We’re looking forward to giving you and your family back the comfort of a fully functioning furnace!