Heat Pump Repair in Gaithersburg, MD
If you use a heat pump to heat your Maryland or Washington, DC home in the winter or cool it in the summer, you already know that they can save you a ton of money over the course of the season. Heat pumps don’t burn fuel to create heat, meaning they cost much less to run than typical heating systems and are not subject to fluctuating fuel costs during the winter. And during the spring, heat pumps operate just like a normal air conditioner! Heat pumps should last you a long time, but they are not invincible—sooner or later, you are going to need repairs. That’s where the experts at James A. Wheat & Sons come in.
Schedule your heat pump repairs in MD or DC today by filling out the form to the right or giving us a call at 240-399-5051240-399-5051.
Common heat pump issues
We have been the DC area’s heat pump repair experts for decades and can handle any issue that might cause you to need heat pump repair. Now for most people, the need for heat pump repair is rare. The most common problems we see popping up with heat pumps are:
- Improper heating or cooling – if your heat pump isn’t heating or cooling your home as effectively as it should be, it is most likely the result of a refrigerant leak. Fixing a leaky refrigerant coil is one of the most common heat pump repairs we get called for, and we can fix them up quickly.
- No heat whatsoever – if your heat pump isn’t operating when in heat mode, you may have a high or low pressure lock-out, a stuck reversing valve, or a failed compressor.
- Higher heating costs than usual – if you think your heat pump is starting to lose its efficiency, it may be having problems operating in heat mode (see above). If this isn’t the case, you may have a defective thermostat—a quick heat pump repair job from James A. Wheat & Sons will fix this problem easily.
- Low airflow at your vents – if you feel like your heat pump is moving less air than it should be, it’s probably a good idea to call for heat pump repair—you could be having problems with your blower motor or fan.
- Frozen compressor – your heat pump can freeze due to inadequate elevation, particularly if snowfall blocks the condensate drain and freezes the condensate. If you act quickly, you might be able to spare yourself from heat pump repair. If not, don’t worry about it—just call James A. Wheat & Sons!
Call James A. Wheat & Sons for heat pump repair
If you need heat pump repair in Maryland or Washington, DC, a call to James A. Wheat & Sons is the only one you’ll need to make! At James A. Wheat & Sons, no heat pump repair job is too big or too small for our expert HVAC technicians. We offer 24-hour emergency service and have a fleet of GPS-enabled vehicles to help us answer your call as quickly as possible. Simply put, when your heat pump goes on the fritz and you need heat pump repair in the DC area, you’ve got to call James A. Wheat & Sons!
Faulty heat pump got you feeling chilly in the winter or hot in the summer? Don’t wait another day—contact us online or by phone at 240-399-5051240-399-5051 to schedule your repairs in MD or DC.