Tankless Water Heater Replacement in Gaithersburg, MD
If you had a tankless water heater installed 20 years ago, you were part of a movement that has gained even more traction in recent years. Your installation outlasted all of your friends’ and neighbors’ conventional tanks, but sadly, all good things must come to an end.
Rely on James A. Wheat & Sons to replace the tankless water heater in your Montgomery County, MD or Washington, DC area home. Since 1978, we have helped residents in our region enjoy efficient water heating with the best appliances technology has to offer.
Get a quote for your tankless water heater replacement today by filling out the contact form on this page or giving us a call at 240-399-5051.
Ensure optimal performance from your new tankless water heater
Now that you’re considering a replacement tankless water heater, you want your next purchase to last just as long and perform even better than your previous model. With this as your goal, make sure you follow these tips:
- Have the appliance sized correctly. Your hot water needs may have changed over the past 20 years since your previous tankless water heater was installed. The new installation should reflect this. James A. Wheat & Sons can work with you to ensure you choose a model with the proper flow rate and maximum temperature rise.
- Consider the minimum flow rate, too. This is the rate water must be flowing from the tap for the tankless water heater to continue heating the water. If you’ve ever noticed the water go cold when you reduce the flow, you know how important the minimum flow rate is when making this upgrade.
- Choose the right fuel type. Natural gas is the most efficient conventional fuel type available, but if this is unavailable at your home, electricity and propane are good alternatives.
- Make sure the unit is vented correctly. Natural gas and propane-fired tankless water heaters need to be vented to the exterior to prevent dangerous carbon monoxide gas and other combustion fumes from leaking back into your home. Look for a system with sealed combustion and direct ventilation.
- Consider a point-of-use model. As you know from the past several years of owning a tankless water heater, it takes longer for water to get hot at the tap. To prevent this in critical areas such as the master bathroom and kitchen, you should consider installing a point-of-use model. A few smaller tankless units right where you need them may be better than a single large unit in a central location.
- Use less hot water to reduce your bills and improve the performance of your tankless water heater. Low-flow shower heads and faucets, pipe insulation and efficient hot water appliances all save you money in the long run.
- Insist on professional installation. Safety, performance, efficiency, and keeping your warranty valid require you to have your tankless water heater professionally installed. The trained technicians at James A. Wheat & Sons can handle the job to your satisfaction.
Get a quote for your tankless water heater replacement
If you live in the Montgomery County, MD or Washington, DC areas and need your tankless water heater replaced, there’s only one name you need to know, and that’s James A. Wheat & Sons.
Contact us online or by phone at 240-399-5051 to get a quote for your tankless water heater replacement!