Customer Satisfaction can mean many things to different people. At James A. Wheat & Sons we attempt to provide plumbing, heating and air conditioning services beyond your expectations. We understand that customer satisfaction starts with your first phone call to the office and does not end when our mechanic leaves your home. We are not happy until you are happy. With our 100% satisfaction guarantee, we will ensure your air ducts, bathrooms, air conditioners and heaters are the way you want them to be – in perfect condition.
Our office staff is continually striving to answer your phone calls with less hold time and provide ease of scheduling. We understand that customer satisfaction in today’s world means providing HVAC services that don’t have you waiting at home all day.
Our mechanics understand that you want a clean, drug free, well trained, certified mechanic that listens to your concerns and needs. Address them with options and our contractors can professionally perform those tasks for a fair price with warranties.
Our company understands that our job has not ended just because we have left your home. We performed a plumbing, heating or air conditioning service and we stand behind that service. We are not above mistakes. At James A. Wheat & Sons we stand behind our work and will make every situation right. If we make a mistake, we will address it. At James A. Wheat & Sons, our name is our reputation. Should you ever have a concern, complaint or compliment about any of our HVAC services, we want to know about it.
We have listed a few of our customer testimonials about work we did on their heating and cooling systems, air ducts, bathrooms and fireplaces. We are listed in many service provider ratings websites such as Angie’s List. Please feel free to call for references. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance!
Best Pick Reports 2015 Report Card
- Our heating system wasn’t working, but James A. Wheat & Sons made it work. They job was well done. They deserve an “A.”
- James A. Wheat & Sons worked on the gas furnace. They took a look at it just to make sure everything was working properly for the tenants who were living in the property. They were punctual, and everything was done to our satisfaction. It’s a great company. I’d give them an “A.”
- They were very professional, and they seemed to have a really good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems. They seemed to be very organized, too. I would recommend them. We chose them because they’re a Carrier dealer. I would grade them as an “A.”
- They worked on my air conditioning, and they did well. The guy who gave me the estimate was on time. He was friendly, and he didn’t try to oversell anything. The technicians who came to do the work were efficient. They treated it as a simple job, which it really should have been. Some of the other companies I spoke to oversold the job and made it complicated. I would recommend James A. Wheat & Sons, and I would give them an “A.”
- James A. Wheat & Sons answered all the questions we had, and they were very pleasant. They were on time and very clean, too. When they came in, they were very careful about not ruining anything in the house. I’d give them an “A.”
- James A. Wheat & Sons did what they advertised to do, and their price was fair. They were clean, and they did the work on time. They installed an eight-foot pump for us. I would recommend them. I would say they were an “A-.”
- Thank you for sending such great individuals, Matt and John, to our home today. It was initially scheduled to be just a service call to diagnose our plumbing problems, but it turned out that they could easily correct our problem.I want to tell you that these two young men were the ultimate professionals. They were personable, informative, skillful, and efficient. They diagnosed the problem and provided me with options. Once I decided what I wanted done, they immediately set out to put that into action.When they obtained the part that was needed, they corrected our plumbing problem.I cannot say enough good things about the manner in which they did their work. This service call will be the start of a much longer relationship, as we have bathroom remodeling and duct cleaning work (and always plumbing needs) that will need to be done.Thank you for living up to the “Best Picks” reputation.
Thanks to John and Matt!
- Dear Mr. Wheat:We would like to take a moment to thank you sincerely for helping us with our water leak problem. We had no idea of the magnitude or scope of such an undertaking. All of your service men were excellent and highly professional. They were courteous, considerate and informative every step of the way. (We remember some of the names–Steve, Jon, Kevin–but don’t want to leave out anyone.) You can be assured that we will always recommend your company to anyone having a water service or plumbing problems.Again, thank you for all of your help with this overwhelming and horrific problem.
- This is a much belated thank you. The job that your service men did installing the fireplace units in our house was extraordinary. Our house is nearing a hundred years old and the interior fireplaces are huge solid brick columns extending to the foundation. Getting gas pipes up from the basement through four feet of brick and coming out at exactly the right place–that was an amazing feat. When your men left at night it looked like they had never been there, and they were courteous and good humored throughout. The fireplace units look and work great.If any of your customers are contemplating a similar installation, please don’t hesitate to give them our name and telephone number. Thanks again for a job very well done.
- I wanted to write a brief note thanking you for the work you did on our front sewer line. In particular, I wanted to remind you how good your three employees are (Adam, Bill, and Desmond). All were courteous, neat, punctual, pleasant, and extremely hard workers during the week they spent at our home. Adam was especially refreshing and is a superb company representative you are lucky to have. There were a few dents and abrasions on our driveway at the end of it, but I attribute that to the difficulty of the job they performed. Many thanks for all of your help!
- Thank you for the generous in-kind donation of Delta faucets and shower bathtub valves, valued at $1,500.00. This donation will help Rebuilding Together continue its work to keep families in need at home in safety and independence.The course of one’s life can change in the blink of an eye. For many who benefit from Rebuilding Together, they have worked hard their entire life and an accident or health issue has impacted their finances and their future. Montgomery County residents who are not able to financially or physically repair, modify or maintain their homes have few options available to them for help. Through Rebuilding Together, homeowners now have a place they can turn to remedy code violations, improve safety hazards, and receive accessibility modifications to allow them to remain independently in their own homes.Thank you again for your support of Rebuilding Together. The community begins at home – together with the community, we are repairing homes and changing lives.
Rebuilding Together, Montgomery County, MD
- I recently contracted with your company to complete repairs to a damaged air return and install new heating ducts in my basement room. Please know that your staff completed the work in a professional manner and in the timeframe promised and I am writing to express my thanks for a job well done!! The words, however, do not convey my true thanks for the recent work completed at my home. What appeared to be an insurmountable task in repairing the damaged air returned was accomplished by your experienced and knowledgeable staff with ease. The sales representative (Mr. James Mulvehill) and the quality manager (Mr. Bruce Hanson) worked together to design a solution to the problem that avoided my having to cut into the wallboard for access to the main heating unit in order to make the necessary repairs. I welcome relief on my part.In addition, your experienced staff of Kris and Shawn completed the installation of the new heating ducts in the time scheduled and as competent professionals. They were both courteous and helpful in answering all of my many questions and they completed the work despite my interruptions. Good work often goes unnoticed or unrecognized and I feel it is important that you know these individuals should not go un-noticed for the work at my home. True professionals make a difference every day and your team has these professionals. Thank You.
- First off, I wish to express our satisfaction with service performing on our air conditioning unit yesterday by your service technician, Cliff. My husband was impressed by the work that was done efficiently, quickly, and at a reasonable cost. My husband contacted your company yesterday morning. He was told there were no openings and to call back today to schedule service. As it turns out, he was notified yesterday afternoon and advised that an opening had become available; the tech could be at our house in twenty minutes. Since our home was so uncomfortable due to the reduced capacity of the air conditioner, that was welcome news. I was in possession of a coupon for $25.00 off any repair that was clipped from the Verizon Yellow Pages for Northern Montgomery County dated January 2005. I found it yesterday and expected to leave it at home for what I thought would be today’s visit. However, I was at work and unable to leave on such short notice yesterday.
- I have been impressed with your company and its people from the day your sales person walked in here, through all service personnel, and now.By the way, this is a fantastic system. Our energy costs are much lower than before, the airflow is practically unnoticeable, the air temp inside is even, the humidity constant, and we have had no failures since installation.
- Tom, our service tech, was incredibly helpful and pleasant. Not only did he fix our much-missed kitchen faucet, but he was also kind to the family, including the energetic family dogs who played at his feet. There’s a reason we have a service contract with you!
- I am thrilled to have found James A James A. Wheat & Sons! There is nothing better than a complete feeling of trust when I need someone’s help and expertise.
- Technician was prompt, polite, and obviously knew his business. He thoroughly checked our fireplace insert, and made a check for CO in the room. His work reassured us that the insert and its inlet-outlet system had not suffered earthquake damage. That’s just what we needed to know.
- Our technician, Tom, was outstanding. He was thorough, thoughtful, explained the work to be done, the cost, options, and seemed to take the minimum amount of time to complete the work. The technician’s helper, who came along with Tom, was also a great asset. It was a wonderful experience for us. But, it always is when we call James A. Wheat & Sons. Thank you for providing us with such good service.
James G. R.
- Dear Mike,I am writing to say thank you for the great service today. Tim Whistler came to install my gas oven and range. There were a couple of challenges along the way, beginning with the way the gas line had been routed up through my floor . Another challenge was the fact that I have propane, so each burner assembly had to be adjusted accordingly. I liked Tim’s magnifier app on his phone. It helped him see the small numbers that were necessary to read.Tim patiently worked through the challenges and got the oven/range installed. He then spent as much time as it took to check out each of the functions. In particular, I was looking for a way to adjust the burners to burn lower (so as not to burn my rice). Tim was able to find the way to do that. Finally, he was not satisfied until he figured out the reason for the smokiness coming from the oven. After looking through the customer service information, he found that there is a waxy residue on the flame cover in the oven from the manufacturing process that should be removed with mild detergent. Problem solved.Throughout the time Tim was here, he was a pleasure to work with. My husband runs a sizable landscape company and we are well aware of the power of good customer service. Tim was capable, professional, patient and thorough at all times. I congratulate you on a great technician. I will ask for Tim Whistler from now on, but I have a feeling that he is not the only great technician there.
- I wanted to make a special note about how professional Mr. Carey was when he visited our home to conduct the estimate. In the last couple of weeks we have spent hundreds of dollars and met with multiple HVAC companies to fix our air conditioner, and we haven’t been impressed with any of them. We actually had a couple other technicians scheduled to come out later this week and give estimates, but after meeting Mr. Carey we cancelled those appointments. Mr. Carey’s representation of James A. Wheat & Sons was impeccable. He was extremely professional and a great representative of your company. Even though we’ve never official had any HVAC work done by your company I would still recommend you guys to anyone looking for a good and honest HVAC company based off our experience with Mr. Carey alone.
- Danilo and Ken were here on June 16 to do my AC check. They were extremely thorough at the time and even made sure that my hose connections were nice and secure. today one of my units was not cooling (it may have been that a circuit breaker tripped—I thought I had checked but perhaps I didn’t see the red indicator because I didn’t use a flashlight to look carefully) and I called. I was delighted that Wheat was able to arrange for someone to come yet today. I was even more pleased when it was Danilo and Ken again since I knew they would check carefully and figure out what the problem was. They did and it is now again cool in my home. Thanks for having professionals to help me out when I need it. That’s why I have an ongoing Eagle agreement. And, on the news today, there was a story about a guy who called a company (at random) and got thoroughly ripped off and wasn’t able to get satisfaction even through Seven on your Side!I am also glad to see that the assorted Montgomery County booklets that list top-rated companies for all sorts of home service things, continues to list Wheat for both HVAC and Plumbing year after year.